Toppers Interview: Ms. Monika - Range Forest Officer


CANDIDATE PROFILE

NAMEMONIKA

RANK IN RFO- 6th

HOMETOWN- Mandi

AGE- 26

OPTIONAL SUBJECTS– Chemistry and Geology 

DETAIL OF OTHER COMPETITIVE EXAMS-

✓ Cleared SI pre(2019) but couldn't clear physical test.
✓ Cleared HP allied main 2020 but couldn't make it into final list.
✓ Cleared JOA IT 2021 but didn't appeared in typing test .



EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS-

10th - 80%

12th- 81%

Graduation- 82%

Post graduation-68 %


Q. First, tell us something about yourself? 

Ans- My name is Monika.I am 26 years old.I hail from Mandi district of HP. I have done schooling from G.H.S. Sadiana and Govt. S.S S.Saigaloo.I have done graduation in chemistry (hon.) from VGC Mandi . Henceforth, i completed post graduation from HPU, Shimla. My father is Kanungo in Revenue Department. My mother is a home maker and i have a younger brother .His profession is driving.

 

Q. Your medium of instruction in prelims and in the Mains Examination?

Ans- ENGLISH

Q. How did you get started for preparation of Himachal forest services?

Ans-  After RFO NOTIFICATION.

                     PRELIMS

Q. What books/notes did you refer to for General Studies in prelims?

Ans –I also followed the same standards books as you all know.

Polity: M. Laxmikant

History: Rajiv Ahir, Lucent, Arihant

Geography:11th and 12th NCERTs

Economy: Youtube videos

General Science: wifi study (mostly Shipra ma'am videos)

Himachal: Blokhara, Himachal Darpan , apart from this i also rely on various online sources like Prep4HAS Website, hp general studies etc. 



Q. Do you think attempting more questions is the key to success in Prelims? Are there an ideal number of questions one should attempt?

Ans- NO ,i don't think so. Only attempt those questions in which you are sure.

                            MAINS

Q. When did you start preparing for Mains Examination?

Ans- After pre reasult out.

Q. Strategy for  English in mains? 

Ans- I didn't prepared for it. 

Q. Strategy for General studies in mains? 

Ans- I practiced alot during Allied main.This time i didn't practice a single question and i directly practiced and tested myself in mainexam itself. But i want to say that practice more and more questions and focus on answer writting skills.

Q. What were your optional in mains of RFO exam? 

Ans-Geology and Chemistry

Q. How did you prepare for optional (both optional including books and strategy) 

Ans- To be very honest i prepared both optional in one month before mains papers
              Chemistry–BSC books and MSC notes

               Geology–K.M Banger and Internet

Q. If a new player wants to pick your subject, would you advice for it or against it?

Ans- Chemistry is technical subject. Altough, it's a good scoring subject but i would say only opt this subject if you have conceptual clearity and about GEOLOGY ,i took this optional because of its similarity with geography but it is much vast than my expectations. I played very smartly and through PYQs. I was able to analyse what to read and what to avoid and i make notes of those topics which i found more important and then started revising them and at the same time i also started answer writing .

Q. How many months did it take to finish the core optional syllabus?

Ans- Altough ,I had good score in pre but i was not very sure about pre.I started preparation for main after i qualified pre . I finished optional syllabus with in one month. 

Q. How many days/ weeks before the exam, you started answer writing practice?

Ans- one month

Q. What was your format of answer writing in mains optional? 

Ans- Bullet point format.I also used to draw map,flow chart, diagram where there's possibility of making it.


Q. Did you join any coaching classes for prelims or Mains? If yes, which one?

Ans- During my Msc time i enrolled in HPU Coaching program but that was biggest blunder of my life.after investing  6 months i hardly had any concept clearity.Then i started skipping classes and did self study . I didn't take any coaching for mains.

Q. How far do you think is coaching necessary for preparing for Prelims and Mains Examination?

Ans- Not at all.

 

        PHYSICAL AND MEDICAL TEST

Q. Describe briefly about physical and medical test conducted for RFO? 

Ans- firstly there's height and chest expansion measurements and after that there's walking test with different criteria for male and female.
e. g. Female have to walk 16km and it's 25km for boys and time limit is 4 hours.



                  INTERVIEW

Q. How long was the interview?

Ans- Approximately 30 minutes

Q. Can you tell us briefly about your interview experience?

Ans- It was very good experience for me.I really enjoyed it.

 

Q. Was your interviews on the expected lines of what you had prepared or did they ask you totally unexpected questions? Was it a stress interview, did they ask any uncomfortable questions? If yes, how did you handle it?

Ans-My interview was on expected lines.I didn't feel any stess. The panel was very cordial. Infact,My one of hobby is to listen himachali folk song and they said to sing a song which have reference of Lord Shiva.

Q. What qualities do you think are being tested in the Interview? Some strict Do’s and Don’ts for the Interview for aspirants and Interview candidates?

Ans – In interview they basically judge your personality by asking questions and It's test of your confidence and how you will deal with tough circumstances. I would say that be loyal with yourself .Only answer the question if you know about it, otherwise you can skip by simply saying sorry.

Q. How far did you use the Internet for your Preparation? Do you think in the changed HPPSC pattern, today an aspirant can prepare wholly by referring sources from the Internet?

Ans-Yes , I also used internet alot during my preparation journey.

Q. If you were not selected, what was your career backup plan?

Ans- Again padhai karti kyunki merko government job hi krni thi.

Q. Many candidates prepare sincerely but constantly live under fear about ‘profile insecurity’. I’m not from a big college, I’m not from English medium, and I don’t have work-experience. What if they ask some stressful questions in the interview about this? Did you suffer from such insecurities? What is your message to these candidates?

Ans- Intially i also had same doubts that i have done my schooling from a hindi medium and all .Due to this english medium fear, I initially started my journey by opting hindi medium, then one of my senior (Manish g) advised me to change my medium and i changed it in September 2019.Then i started reading English newspaper and also English books and gradually i learnt everything and as i have intially mentioned that interview panel was very cordial they didn't ask such questions. I gave my interview in bilingual format. There's no need to worry about it.

Q. People know what books and syllabus points are to be prepared. But most of them lack consistency in their preparation. So, how do you keep study momentum going on? How do you fight against the mood swings and distractions?

Ans- Whenever i feel like i can't do it my friends were always there for me they helped me alot to fight against mood swings. 

Q. Through this struggle and success, what have your learned? What is the wisdom of life and competition? What is your message to the new aspirants?

Ans- This was a journey of many ups and downs and i learnt lot of things like patience, perseverance, humbleness.At the same time i also became very disciplined.

Q. Behind every topper are many people who stood by during those uncertain times when he/she was merely an ‘aspirant’. Would you like to tell the worlds, who were those people in your case? Any specific incidence that you would like to share with the readers?

Ans- My friends helped me alot during my journey .they gave me emotional support . Whenever i feel like i can't do it , they were always there for me.I would like to thank my family,my teachers and friends specially Shreya Rana, Priyanka, Prteek, Anshu Chandel, Versha, Bandana, Rohit for making me capable of achieving this and I would like to give special thanks to Akshay g who gave me much needed boost before main exam because that time i was like ye mere se ni ho payega.1 month m m kya hi ukhhad lungi and he said monika pre hi dete rehna h kya and i also want to thank Anurag Agnihotri who helped me alot during my interview preparation (TY Guru g😅).

Q. At the end your experience with Prep4HAS ? Would you recommend it for other aspirants?

Ans: Prep4has is a very good website for HP competitive exams. I was enrolled in HPAS 2021 test series and in RFO exam many questions were directly from test series. I Would definitely recommend  it to another aspirant.



Post a Comment

0 Comments